A Message from our Co-Chairs Karen Alford & Scott Vineyard:
Welcome to the new AAMGA Emerging Issues & Trends Committee Website.
We are continuing to build out our research for each of our Top 16 Trends with a goal to complete the RIOT Process (Research, Implications, Opportunities and Threats for each trend by the end of 2016. In addition, we will continue to add articles, white papers and news of interest for each of the trends as we become aware of them.
We hope this information is a valuable resource for your business and can assist in the decisions you need to make in this ever evolving industry to prepare for the future.
Thank you for visiting our site
The Emerging Issues & Trends Committee was formed in June of 2014 following a decision by the Board of Directors of AAMGA to have a group of people focused on one thing, and that is to look at the future. What are some of the changes we expect in the coming years, and how will these impact not only our business, but also our customers, our distribution model, and most importantly, our members. To see the committee members, click here.
Our Mission Statement:
To align the association and its members through collaborative action, a central source to emerging issues and trends that impact our industry from a wholesaler’s perspective.
As a Committee our roles and responsibilities include:
- To serve the AAMGA membership and wholesale insurance industry across all segments of the marketplace by collaboratively identifying, evaluating, discussing and providing useful knowledge on how to better analyze, manage and underwrite emerging issues and trends.
- To consider new risks as they arise and work with Committee members and industry representatives to gain a better depth of understanding and provide this new information to the membership for their knowledge and use.
- To provide webinars, University sessions and roundtables on emerging issues and trends.
- To access research and trending analysis on emerging issues and trends that can impact the wholesale distribution model and our industry.
- To maintain a dedicated page on the AAMGA website as a repository to communicate the information obtained and further collaborate with one another.
- Liaise with other committees on issues and trends that potentially cross over needing additional research.